Apr 15, 2008

Maid of the day

My Cleaning Lady has been here today. So after she left, I spend substantial amount of time to put things where they should be. It took me half an hour to find only the kitchen sponge. It was in the cupboard with clean glasses. Go figure.

She also managed to completely destroy fresh patch of grass that we were waiting to sprout for a while now. I am upset. But did I tell her something? Of course not. I handed her 50 dinars (just for comparison, average monthly salary in Libya is 150dinars) and thanked her.

I could have told her not to touch the garden. Not to use kitchen sponge to wash toilet, there are other sponges for that (Instead of telling her, every time she leaves the premises I go to the shop and get new sponge. We spend 6-pack of sponges a month). Not to wash dishes with that sponge afterwards. Ok, now I am over reacting. Kinda.

Instead of doing those sensible things I deal with it like a adult that I am not. I think about them all afternoon and then when G comes home I will take it out on him. Healthy, eh?

So why I can not stand up to my Cleaning Lady?
I will skip all the usual answers and say this - she is scary. Sometimes I feel like she is the one living here and I am unwanted guest.

No comments: