Jul 13, 2008

Good Times

Last month I traveled. I packed my bag(s), clicked my heels 3 times and was transported into the land of hedonism.

---Hedonism is the philosophy that pleasure is of ultimate importance, the most important pursuit. The name derives from the Greek word for "delight" (ἡδονισμός hēdonismos from ἡδονή hēdonē "pleasure", a cognate of English sweet + suffix ισμός ismos "ism").---
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


First there was red earth. And fragrance in the air. In anticipation I opened window, inhaled and felt my whole being relax. Then, a bit further down the mountain, just behind one curve there was The First View. Blue as blue gets with little specs of white. And I smiled. The road curved and I sped on down another mountain. There was a white town. I passed through it fast, fast just stopping once to admire the view. There was a white boat with blue letters. It sailed with seagulls keeping the watch. And then finally, there were 36 steps, red door and I was home.

And there was Sun and there was Sea. There was selected food and wine to go with it. There were new beaches to be discovered. There was laughter with friends. There were church bells that rang on full hour. There were forests with fragrant needle carpets and a path that goes to white beach. There were afternoon naps. There was a beautiful terrace to lounge on and enjoy the views. There were cafes, little boats, people going about, newspapers just out of print, smiles and coffees that were just so.











Good times indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.